Friday, April 08, 2005

Ray Ray | by Jay

The image “http://www.floridatoday.com/prepfootball/ray/raysnotebookmug.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Ingenue recruit Ray Herring had another update in his online journal this week. Enjoy.

Monday, April 4, 2005

It's been awhile. Sorry, I wanted to take a break from everything that had to do with recruiting and get my academics and off-season program off and running. After going through the recruiting process, it was easy to get "senioritis" and forget that I still had another semester of high school. I've been busy getting everything ready for graduation and doing a lot of community service at a local community center. I also received my off-season workout program from Notre Dame and have been busting my tail to get ready for the fall.

Notre Dame fans are unbelievable! Since I committed, it has been great! It seems like everywhere I go either there is a Notre Dame fan congratulating me or a fan from another school who is asking about Notre Dame. Coach Weis has people's attention!

My Notre Dame workout program is intense. A lot of running and serious weight training! By the end of my day, I'm struggling to get my homework done before I fall asleep. I'm getting used to it though which is good because I don't think it is going to change once I get to South Bend. Both Coach Lewis and Coach Polian have been great about staying in touch and I'm really looking forward to getting up there and working with my new teammates.

There are a lot of great players at Notre Dame who are also great people. I'm really looking forward to getting to know the guys better and doing everything I can to help us bring that 12th National Championship back to South Bend in the near future. I know any successful team starts with good people and Notre Dame has great people. Now with Coach Weis and his staff, it is just a matter of time.

My Dad has been in the hospital which really is hard. He has been really been sick lately which turned out that he had an infection in one of his kidneys and they had to take it out. He has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks now and I go see him every day after my workout. When I go into the hospital he tells everyone, "that's my son, he's going to Notre Dame."

There is no question he is my number one fan, that is cool, because I'm his! With all of the good fortune I've been blessed to have, I know there is always adversity right around the corner. My parents are more important to me than anything, and my dad's illness puts it all in perspective.

Thanks for all of your support, I'll write more often now.

Go Irish!