Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bonanza! | by Jay

The image “http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nd/galleries/fb_firstfall2005/07huddle-lg.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Holy hell, there was a lot of info flowing out of ND yesterday. I spent the better part of last night and this morning perusing transcripts, watching videos, sifting through brand-new media guides, reading commentaries, clicking on message board posts, looking at roundups, enjoying quotes, checking out practice photos, and generally revelling in the kickoff of Fall Practice, and in a larger sense, the magnificent start of Notre Dame Football for another year.

The sheer avalanche of media generated from yesterday is almost too much to digest all in one sitting, but there were a couple of salient bullet points.

Freddy Parish is transferring, making a thin secondary even thinner. Per Freddy, ""I know I still love the school and everybody there like crazy. I just think this is the best move for me and my family. But I want to tell you, I'm going to want them to win every week. Wherever I am, I'm going to be pulling hard for Notre Dame."

Travis Leitko will not be on the team this fall, and he declined comment as to the reason why.

Darrin Bragg is officially a wide receiver, moving over from quarterback. "I just felt he was too good an athlete to waste just to have another guy on the depth chart," said Charlie.

• This is the most experienced offensive line to start a season at Notre Dame, with 99 career starts among the five starters.

• Strength coach Ruben Mendoza's nickname is Tiny.


For a good collection of links to all the articles, releases, photos, and opinion from yesterday, take a look at the news wire over on NDN. Lots of stuff to review -- get crackin'.