Notre Dame is 2-0. That’s great, and normally we, the students, would be ecstatic. However, this next game is not a normal game, it’s an exorcism. If we can beat
As a student, I’ve seen four
This year, MSU comes in hot, scoring a Willingham pantload of points against
Prediction: Notre Dame scores more points than
Being a student, here are a few more things of note from campus this week:
• Kudos to the University on some very classy Inauguration invitations, sent to all the students. Really made me feel loved.
• I passed Rhema McKnight today. He had crutches, but was walking on both feet, so I have no idea what that means. And that ends the creepy stalking quotient of this entry.
• My condolences to Dillon Hall regarding their Pep Rally, which was cancelled 10 minutes into it due to rain. It looked promising, especially when Bob Davie claimed he was fired from the University due to racism.
• Fun Fact: When interviewed by Dillonite Dan Carter, five different Michigan State students could not correctly answer any of the following questions: 1. Name your current coach. 2. Name a player on the team. 3. Say some words from the fight song. 4. Who did you play last week, and what was the score? It’s times like this that I realize how special Notre Dame really is, and how much Michigan State sucks.
• Charlie came and talked to open the Dillon Pep Rally. He was succinct, and productive. Here’s the breakdown: "We’re glad we won two games, and we want to make Notre Dame Stadium a scary place to play again. Shut up when we’re on offense (direct quote), and go nuts when we’re on defense. I know after the Michigan game, you guys probably had a great time that night, and my goal is for you to have a great time every Saturday night."
• Brady Quinn, spanking new Dillonite, followed up Charlie, and let me tell you, three times now I’ve seen players speak before DPR, and never have I seen such an excited display. He ripped on Michigan State captain Clifton Ryan saying he wasn’t impressed by Touchdown Jesus. Specifically, he pointed out Ryan’s poor grammar. When I heard it, I instantly understood why so many people hate Notre Dame, and why I love it so much.
• My parents are coming up for the game, and they got a call from Anthony Travel saying that, if they wanted to go to the pep rally on Friday, they should definitely plan on getting there early. With an undefeated Charlie Weis, and an always entertaining Chuck Lennon in the house, I couldn’t be more excited.
• And finally, a special note to Mark May: Shut up. Please shut up. Nobody here is already thinking national title, and if you keep ragging on us about it, we’re going to start acting like it just to piss you off. I’m halfway considering bringing a dozen roses to the game on Saturday, just to be the arrogant Notre Dame fan I know I always could be.