Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moody | by Jay

I'm a little stressed out these days. I'm not sure if it's because of the economy woes, the election, or the latest trial for the Juice, but I'm nervous and anxious and I can't seem to focus.

Part of it has to be the haphazard state of Irish football. Here we are, already a quarter of the way through the season. The Charlie Weis era -- if he stays for the full 10 years -- is just about a third over. We're about to square off against Purdue, a team which really shouldn't be giving me these palpitations. And yet here I sit, my mind racing, worrying about Kory Sheets and basketball on grass and the Boilers' pass rush. Four years in, I shouldn't be feeling this way, right? Not about Purdue, right?

Am I alone? I devised a little mood ring survey to find out. (Results, as they roll in, right here.)

Update: I did a tag cloud on the results, and moodiness ensued.

ambivalent anxious apathetic apprehensive average bumfuzzled cautious concerned confused depressed disappointed frustrated hesitant hopeful impatient improving indifferent lamp meh nervous optimistic patient pensive perplexed pissed resigned scared skeptical tentative trepidation uncertain uneasy unfulfilled unsatisfied unsettled unsure upbeat waiting worried